Pregnancy is hazardous to blogging...
I feel amazed and bewildered that so many MONTHS have gone by since I last blogged. It's not that there hasn't been anything going on in my life. I have analyzed my lack of blogging and just have to say that being pregnant is hazardous to blogging.
My normal time to blog is either early in the morning or late at night and I rarely see either one these days. For the last few months I have had to struggle to get out of bed at 6:30 or 7 to get ready and I barely make it to 9 or 10 at night before I drag myself off to bed. If you think my blog has been neglected though, you should see my house...
Now, my boys are away overnight helping Peter's mom and Ainsley is asleep, so I actually have free time. As in I can do whatevery I want and I actually don't have a deadline to meet or somewhere I need to be. I must admit I was a little lost wandering around the house until I realized - I can BLOG!
As I alluded to earlier, there has been a lot of happenings in our household over the last few months. Some of the high points:
--Of course, I already wrote about being pregnant with our fourth child but I did not say yet that we think it's going to be a girl (ultrasound not completely definitive). Even steven in gender is a good thing
--The boys have both been playing baseball, so we are eating way more hot dogs than are healthy for any family and spending a lot of time at ballfields and smearing on sunscreen
--Our cat became pregnant and had 5 kittens! (Are we fecund around here or what?)
--My boss resigned and there are rumors of reorganization at my work
--New girl started at work with my group, she is working out well
--Since the first of the year, Peter and I have traveled to Washington, DC, Delaware, St Paul, Santa Fe, Chicago (me); Florida, North Carolina and Nashville (Peter)
--The kids finished school last week, Rees his kindergarten year, and Dylan his fourth grade year. May was a blur of field trips and special events. Both boys did very well this year - we are so proud of them, and told them so!
So we have been busy.
St Patrick's is growing and we are really enjoying our new church family. We have 35-40 people coming most Sundays. We are looking for new space since we have been kind of packed in when we have more than 40. We will likely move by the middle or end of summer.
June will be a busy month. Peter's ordination is coming up and that is exciting. June 22nd. My mom is coming to visit and then we are heading off to North Carolina for my niece's wedding the next day. At work we have a couple of retreats, year end reviews of staff, and a leadership development program that will happen this month. Plus I just found out about a big grant that we need to get an application ready for by the end of the month.
So, on life goes as usual, with some minor and major events interspersed. Last night we had some violent storms come through and I was going to a social function for a friend at work with my kids. While we were in Kroger picking up a few things for the party, the tornado sirens went off. All the customers and employees had to go back to the coolers to wait the tornado warning out. My kids had this worried little look in their eyes. It was just a simple trip to the store and now we have go into the milk freezers to duck and cover. We were not really dressed for the occasion I can tell you. After sitting for 30 minutes in the coolers with a borrowed winter coat draped over us for warmth, I decided it was time to head home rather than going to the party. Today, though, is a beautiful day outside with little evidence of the turmoil of yesterday. I guess that's just how life is sometimes.
Well, I promised myself that since I have the checkbook and it's the first of the month that I would go to the store and buy me something I just want to buy, not that I necessarily need it. Something I rarely do. But that is the subject of another blog.
Peace be with you!

<< Home