In-Trud-ers Mind

~ a little look at the zany world of Trudi Matthews ~

Saturday, April 08, 2006

SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED

For the last two weeks, my family and I have had to fight off a series of viruses that have alternately left us congested or with stomach cramps. At one point last week, all six of us were home and only Peter was really feeling well. Not fun times for him, especially because he got sick the next day. We also planned to go to Cincinnati Thursday to visit the aquarium as a fun family trip for Spring Break. But alas too many of us were sick to go.

I myself have felt bad off and on for now for nearly two weeks. Never one to just sit around and do nothing, I am now fully sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. It's really cramping my style. (Ha! Pun intended.)

When I get like this though I am reminded that there are millions of people in the world who do not know what it is like to go even one day without feeling bad. Because of lack of clean water, contaminated food, little basic hygiene, and other issues, some people, especially children, die of diarrhea. Now, that kinda puts things in perspective a little for me. I may feel bad, but I don't feel that bad.(So stop whining you big baby.)

Hopefully, though, this will be the end of this round of viruses. With Spring and warmer weather usually comes more open windows and less opportunities for these things to multiply. Let's hope so!